Zamfara Circle Community Initiative (fondly called Zamfara Circle) has commended the outcome of State Security Council Meeting held on Monday 23rd August, 2021 at the Government House Gusau which was chaired by His Excellency Governor Mohammed Bello Matawalle.
In a Position Paper signed and made available to SMARTS NEWS NIGERIA by the chairman of the Initiative Mr. Aminu Muhummad Lawal , said the resolutions which, among others, include the immediate closure of all weekly markets across the state, banning sell of fuel in jerry cans, banning vehicles carrying firewood across the state and the suspension of transportation of livestock to and from the state have rekindled our hope in the Governor’s bid to have a safer Zamfara.
After a critical examination, Zamfara Circle wishes to state its position as follows:
1. That the move by the State Security Council is a commendable one coming after concerted calls by concerned and well-meaning citizens.
2. That the resolution is one practical example of how to demonstrate political will in conflict resolution and wishes to call on the state governor to stay put in the state as much as possible to ensure effective implementation of the resolutions.
3. That there is a need for the state government to follow up on this move by activating the Civilian Joint Taskforce in collaboration with the military to take the fight to the bandits’ camps.
4. That the efforts of our various security agencies and personnel are appreciated.
5. That the common strategy being adopted by North-western States and Niger state is commendable and could signal the beginning of the end of this menace.
The Circle takes this opportunity to assure the state government that it will mobilize its vast network both within and without the state to ensure strict implementation of this community-led approach following best standards and will continue to monitor and report on subsequent developments.
Zamfara Circle further called on the public to support the measures being put in place by the state government and should support security agencies with credible and confidential information for a swift resolution of the security challenges bedeviling the state.
The Circle noted that it is aware of the hardship these measures will cause to the citizens most especially rural dwellers, but we believe we must all make a sacrifice to achieve a safer Zamfara and, by extension, Nigeria.
The Circle therefore prayed to Allah to continue protecting the state and guide leaders right