The Nigerian troops have foils Boko Haram/ISWAP attempts to attack Buni-Yadi town, Gujba Local Government Area of Yobe State late Sunday afternoon.

There was jubilation in the town as residents cheered and praised the Nigerian troops for routing the terrorists.

The ground troops engaged the terrorists in a fierce encounter, while Nigerian Air Force jets bombard the terrorists, who were approaching Buni-Yadi in a guntruck.

A local farmer in the area who preferred not to be named said they saw the Boko Haram fighters attempting to cross over a stream with their vehicles.

“We saw them attempting to cross the stream with their guntrucks from the northern axis, but only one of the trucks was able to cross.

“They then left the rest of the trucks and advanced towards Buni-Yadi on foot. Among dozens of them who crossed the stream, only three returned alive,” said the farmer.

A security source also confirmed the success against the terrorists, saying their guntruck was seized and many Boko Haram fighters were killed.

The source added that a number of terrorists’ gun trucks destroyed by the troops.

According to PRNigeria report, the Special Forces and Air Task Force of the Nigerian Military foiled attack at the School of Special Forces in Buni-Yadi, Yobe State.

The report said seven ISWAP insurgents were eliminated during the encounter.

Quoting military intelligence sources, the report said the attackers stormed the town at about 5pm, in two different groups.

“One of the group attacked from ‘Charly Company’, while other terrorist group attempted to attack the School of Special Forces.

“The terrorists used cows as their shield in order to gain easy access without being notice, but their evil plan and strategy where unraveled by the troops, who quickly engaged them in a gun battle,” one of the intelligence source told PRNigeria.

The source, while speaking further, said: “The ISWAP fighters, however, succumbed to the superior fire-power of our military troops and attempted to flee.

“But in the process, seven of them were gunned down, while two vehicles were destroyed”.